Many people call themselves leaders. Here is a question, are you a leader or a manager and why? Is there really a difference between the two? Some organizations have a SLT and others a SMT, what do you feel is the difference between the two?
What does your have organization have?
Do you share a common goal?
To the leader/manager:
- Do you know how you staff see you?
- Do you inspire and motivate your team or do you just call yourself the boss?
- Do you lead your team and they follow or do you manage them?
- Do you have the respect of your team/colleagues?
- Does it even bother you?
- Have you ever thought about whether it made any difference?
- Does your team share in your vision and how do you measure that?
To the followers/workers/staff:
- Does your leader/manager inspire you?
- Are you part of a team?
- Would your productivity and application to your job be any different if you were lead or managed and why? Do you feel valued?
- Are you views and ideas seriously taken into consideration?
What makes our place of work somewhere we look forward to going seeing as we spend the majority of our lives there?
Does any of this matter? Does it make any difference? I am interested in hearing your thoughts.
Knowledge is power